Frequently Asked Questions
We encourage all interested families to join us for an open house or school tour! To schedule a tour, please call the main office at 317-255-5468 or email Mrs. Swartz at firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer tours every Wednesday during school hours, but we are happy to accommodate any schedule as needed.
- Doors open at 7:40am
- Students gather and line up by class in the IHM Activity Center (gym)
- First bell rings at 7:55am for the start of Morning Assembly.
- Kiss and Fly car drop off along Washington Blvd. Drop off students only within cone-zone along Washington Blvd. Exit cars curbside only. Cars should pull up as far as possible within the cone-zone. No double parking allowed to unload students and please do not weave through cones!
- No 57th St. drop offs/pickups: 57th St. (between Washington and Central) should not be used to drop off or pick up students and will be closed during these times.
- No helmet, no ride: Bike riders must wear helmets. Bikes (and scooters) need to be parked in the bike rack area.
- Khaki pants or shorts with plain navy blue short or long-sleeved polo shirts.
- Girls: Jumper K-3rd grade, Skirt 4th- 8th grade. All girls are also welcome to wear khaki pants or shorts. No cargo pants or shorts allowed.
- Spirit Wear: Any IHM logo sweatshirts or sweaters may be worn daily (no hoodies)
- School Day: 7:55 AM – 3:05 PM
- After School Care: 3:05 PM – 6:00 PM
- Office Hours: 7:45 AM – 3:30 PM
- June: Tuesday – Thursday, 9am – 12pm
- July: School Office Closed
- August: Monday – Friday, 9am – 1pm
- First Week of School: Regular Office Hours Resume
The Immaculate Heart of Mary School PTO organization sponsors hot lunch on Mondays & Fridays of each week. This is our PTO’s only fundraiser which serves to fund our organization and also as a service to our busy families. Give yourself a break from packing lunches and enjoy hot lunch from some of Indy’s tastiest restaurants.
- Hot lunch will be provided on alternate days when necessary due to holidays.
- Hot Lunch Menu includes lunch by Chick- Fil-A, Wendy’s, Jimmy Johns, Papa Johns, Fazoli’s, Sahm’s Deli french toast sticks & quesadillas and more.
- Hot lunch is offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and students are to pack and bring a lunch on alternate days (or on days that they have not ordered hot lunch).
- Milk Tickets: Milk tickets are $.10 per ticket. Parents may purchase milk tickets in the front office or by sending money in to school with their child in an envelope marked “Milk Tickets” and the child’s name and classroom.
Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to, lunch and recess volunteers, Kindergarten center helpers, 1st grade reading center helpers, PTO committee chair, PTO volunteer, School Commission member, and so so much more! Stop by a PTO meeting, held on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm in the IHM library to learn more.
All volunteers must complete the Safe Parish Training program via the Archdiocese of Indianapolis and will be asked to complete the Diocesan mandated background check. For more information visit http://www.archindy.org/hr/
Stop by a PTO meeting, held on the 3rd Tuesday of every month alternating between 7pm in the IHM library and 8am in the Gathering Space to learn more. Check our calendar for the PTO meeting schedule and location.
IHM works hard to maintain first-rate communication between home and school. We utilize a state-of-the-art Learning Management System, Schoology and PowerSchool, to help parents stay on top of what is happening in the classroom and what is expected at home. Parents have access to classroom homepages, syllabi, grades, homework assignments, calendars and more. We also strive to keep our school community up to date on school news and updates, sending home, electronically, Monday snapshot of the week ahead and a weekly newsletter on Thursdays.
Weekly newsletters include Monday Calendar Update and Thursday school newsletter. Supplemented with pertinent and necessary IHM Updates as needed.
Our teachers and staff work hard to communicate clearly, regularly and kindly to any and all questions and concern a parent or student might have.