Immaculate Heart of Mary School is Committed to Delivering Academic Excellence to Maximize Each Child’s Potential
Accreditation & Affiliation
Nationally recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, Archdiocese of Indianapolis, Freeway, North Central Association, Indiana Department of Education
Indiana Department of Education Four Star School
- Immaculate Heart of Mary School was named to the Indiana Department of Education’s list of 2016-2017 Four Star Schools. We are honored to be included on this list once again and committed to maintaining the highest standards of academic excellence.
- “Receiving designation as a Four Star School signifies a pursuit of academic excellence among students, educators, and the administration,” said Dr. Jennifer McCormick, Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction. “I am honored to recognize these Four Star Schools for their hard work and dedication in preparing their students for a bright and prosperous future.”
- The Four Star School Award has been in existence for 30 years. To receive Four Star designation, a school must receive an “A” on the state’s A-F accountability system, have excellent ISTEP pass rates, carry an overall high graduation rate (if applicable), and show success in closing achievement gaps. A total of 238 schools received the award.
- View more information from the Indiana Department of Education HERE. And a complete list of Four Star Schools HERE
Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
- Immaculate Heart of Mary School is proud to be recognized as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence. The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program recognizes public and private elementary, middle, and high schools based on their overall academic excellence or their progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups. Every year the U. S. Department of Education seeks out and celebrates great American schools, schools demonstrating that all students can achieve to high levels. More than 8,500 schools across the country have been presented with this coveted award. The National Blue Ribbon School award affirms the hard work of students, educators, families, and communities in creating safe and welcoming schools where students master challenging content. The National Blue Ribbon School flag gracing an entry or flying overhead is a widely recognized symbol of exemplary teaching and learning.
Teaching at IHM
- IHM is blessed with a community of highly qualified, passionate and talented faculty and staff, committed to maximizing every child’s academic potential. We hold our staff to the highest of standards to help nurture academic success.
- Our limited class size along with resource staff and highly qualified instructional aides allow our teachers to tailor instruction to suit individual needs and to go deeper into content, challenging students to go beyond the standards, preparing them for a more rigorous high school course load.
- Professional Development: The IHM administration is committed to the professional development of our staff. With built in professional development covering data analysis, engagement strategies, technology, Playworks and more.
- Partnership: While much is expected of our staff to nurture the academic potential of our students, we also expect much from our students and parents, partnering with them to create a culture of personal responsibility and academic success. As a community of partners, teachers, students and parents work together to empower our children to take ownership and pride in their education.