All students, K-8th grade, participate in gym class as part of their curriculum. In class students are able to burn off some energy, experience new sports and activities, learn sportsmanship and just have some fun!
IHM participates in CYO (Catholic Youth Organization) Athletics, fielding teams of all kinds for all ages. The purpose of CYO sports is to foster the total personal and spiritual development of children. CYO sports are for all youth and reflect the diversity of the community, including those with all levels of gifts and abilities. CYO teams reinforce and help to teach Christian values such as fair play, sportsmanship, honesty, respect, loyalty, patience, tolerance, gratitude and humility.
Director of Sports Ministry, Paula Ryan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys Athletic Director, Alexandra “Alex” Rodman, email@example.com
Girls Athletic Director, Stephen Bourgeois firstname.lastname@example.org
CYO Sports Teams
Basketball, Volleyball, Track & Field, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Wrestling, Football, Kickball, Cheerleading and more!
CYO Fall Registration
IHM sponsors teams in four CYO sports in the fall. IHM Athletics are open to students attending IHM school and/or students attending other schools who are parishioners. Student-athletes must be in good academic standing to participate.
Parents and other adults who are interested in coaching are encouraged to reach out to the individual coordinators listed below. For more information regarding the IHM coaching ministry, click here.
- Girls Basketball – Open to students in 4th – 8th grades. Regular season runs September – November.
- Co-Ed Cross-Country – Open to students in 3rd – 8th grades. Regular season runs August – October.
- Football – Open to students in 3rd – 8th grades. Regular season runs August – October.
- Girls Kickball – Open to students in 4th – 8th grades. Regular season runs August – September.
To register for any sport at IHM you must complete the following steps:
1. Register through IHM website CYO form and pay registration fees. (Fee waivers are available, contact the IHM athletic directors listed above for more information).
2. Register with the CYO central office. No fee is required.
3. Have an annual physical conducted and submit these physical forms. Turn in form to the IHM parish office.
4. Read, complete and sign the concussion and sudden cardiac arrest awareness form